The importance of a stable pond environment for aquaculture cannot be underestimated. Stress caused by poor environmental conditions negatively affects the growth, feeding, disease resistance and ultimately the yield of fish and crustaceans.
Aquaculture ponds tend to have difficulty controlling excess nitrogenous wastes in their confined systems. The build-up of nitrites and ammonia create toxic environments that result in high mortality rates, poor product flavor, reduced growth rates and significant loss of revenue.
BiOWiSH™ helps maintain a stable pond chemistry and living environment for aquaculture operations. It has been proven to significantly accelerate the removal of nitrogenous wastes such as ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. For more information, click on one of the links below or explore our library with case studies and other information on BiOWiSH products.
User Guide: Shrimp Hatcheries to Growout
User Guide (Espanol): Para Acuacultura de Camaron
Brochure (Espanol): AquaFarm
BiOWiSH™-AquaFarm is a powerful blend of natural probiotics that improves and maintains water quality by accelerating the removal of nitrogenous wastes and enhancing water biology. Ideal for all aquaculture systems, BiOWiSH™-AquaFarm supports optimal animal performance and health.
Pond water quality management
- Hatchery water quality management
- Nutrient management
- Odor control
Improves Water Quality
- More efficient Nitrogen Cycle
- Improves Dissolved Oxygen Levels
- Reduces sludge accumulation
- Reduces need for pond clean out
Supports Optimal Production
- Improves yields
- Improves feed efficiency (FCR)
- Improves survival rates
- Reduces incidence of infection, sickness and mortality
- Reduces off-flavor product
- Reduces need for water exchange and aeration
- No added nitrifiers or denitrifiers
- Eliminates other sludge digesters
- Reduces need for antibiotic
Reduces Environmental Impact
- Reduces water discharge volume
- Improves water discharge quality
- Reduces energy use